January 27, 2009

I am back!

Yes, I am back. And this time, for sure... or so I hope.

Well, that's me, sure of being unsure. But this time, I want to keep this blog alive and kicking, and so I plan to do something about it, which includes:
1. Being more regular with my posts
2. Keeping the posts short. (But looks like that resolution will bite the dust right away!)

So what is with this new name? Well, Cinnamon is the favorite spice of mine, and that is because I think the word is phonetically beautiful! It plays on your lips and has a lovely ring to it, unlike 'cardamom' or 'nutmeg'. And cinnamon has various layers to it, is warm, sweet, earthy, and medicinal - all of which is what I want this blog to be!

I am absolutely delighted with this new template. Ok, so it takes longer to load, but I love it! A big thank you to Joe! Thanks buddy - for being so nice and helping this technically challenged person out. And you don't have to speak like Mike - you know you are cool the way you are! And truck loads of thanks to your tech/html friends as well. Hope they will help me out with trouble shooting, if required :) Of course dear Trauma Queen, a big hug to you too – for the Netmeeting session we had in our attempts to get this template out there (for all others – yes, we even did that! It did not work out, but I got to see some very interesting pics/files on her system – and I was not snooping!)

I am still experimenting with the fonts and colors, and considering my technical prowess it might take a while to get this into shape. :)

Finally, all my sympathies are with those friends who asked me to get back to blogging - you have no idea what you are in for! And please follow this blog - well, you are my friends, aren't you? :)

15 comments:

See Bee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
See Bee said...

you cinnamon me nutmeg. sinnamoney sounds like sivamani's long lost brother :P

cinnamon is all those things you have said about it - and this template is very pretty.

only pls allow me to traumatise you a bit:
a) the font color makes it hard to read your blog. grey on black is an eyestrain. white on black perhaps?

b) I am quite sure that "Cinnamon is the favorite spice of mine" is incorrect grammar (nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah)

c) blogger has some fundoo widgets for you to play around with - and we can have another netmeeting on that if u wish ;)

Noodlehead said...

welcome back...i do wish you'd get rid of the black though. very traumatic for old people like me :(

but the bottomline is that i'm glad you're back!

Anonymous said...

Heyee :)
Will surely watch this space!

Anonymous said...

at first i thought it's yet another spam mail talking of some money-back policy(sorry sinnamony!)...and then i dreaded a cookery blog...but so glad to see it's your blog:)...let the blog be as warm and earthy as the cinnamon...all praises for giving a space to this humble spice!!!i love cinnamon too...transports me back to my kerala home and the kitchen...btw "karuvapatta" ennu peridanjathu nanayi ;)!!.will watch the space...but do alert me in case i forget!!wish you a happy n spicy blogging!!

Anonymous said...

forgot to add...the template is beautiful!
sabina

Anonymous said...

For a moment I thought you are getting into financial advisory services ;)
Supercool site tho!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks so much. Well, this tech dumbo had not realised that the entire template would be black. Which I agree is difficult to read. I am trying to get help to fix it without removing the shooting star part, but that does not seem possible. :( Let us see.

TQ: I love Sivamani! By the way, the first rule in editing is - don't just say what is wrong, say what is right as well. :) And boy -I know I am in for all that I have told you about grammar! And I will try out the fundoo widgets - thanks!

Noodlehead/Rama: Thanks a ton!

Sabi: It does sound like a money back policy - but one that is totally sinful! Karuvapatta is a great idea though! I will remind you for sure!

Biju: GRIN!

Anonymous said...

Long time since i have read anything written by you, other than ur mail and chats...I have always loved ur writing style... it has always been so fresh and smooth... Keep writing...

asha nair said...

well begun..now keep goin. will watch out for new ones

LateshNair said...

Hmmmmm.... Interesting! Well if you're looking for my suggestion, I would recommend change in the page template, right texts looks little cramped. Look for little wider type templates.

Overall.. looks goo-ood.

jupallis said...

Madam,

TO me the template is good.

However,

Here are two things which I want to point out:

I was waiting for your second post in the hope that you will keep at least one of the promises that your made in your first post of the second blog (i.e.) Being regular :)

P.S.The pic on top your blog is awesome. I really like it.

Anonymous said...

Athi: Thanks dear!

Anil: Will do.

Latesh: I was half expecting "take me off your mailing list" from you :)) But thanks buddy - will (try to)incorporate your suggestions - but I might need a long time for that!

Satish: hahaha - i said regular - that can mean once a week regulary too! But yeah - my second post is almost there. By tomorrow hopefully! Thanks a ton!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back
let God save me to read ur blog

Anonymous said...

i'll tell to maam you used netmeeting for these things ah!